Porsche Carrera Cup North America announces 2022 champions awards
- Premier one-make series announces champions prize package.
- Visit Cayman Islands trip highlights impressive awards for each class champion.
- Michelin awards most wins and team champions.
- TAG Heuer watch, trip to Porsche Ice Force Pro Experience in Canada and 2023 Entry added to list of awards.
- Porsche Junior Champion given testing and coaching opportunities.
For the second year, the top award for the champions in each of the series’ three class (Pro, Pro-Am and Am) remains a trip for two to the five-star Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa in the Cayman Islands. The four-night stay in the five-star resort includes airfare, and transportation, a visit to the iconic Stingray City and a culinary experience in one of the esteemed restaurants in the Grand Cayman.
Porsche Motorsport North America will provide a full-season entry fee for the champion of each class to use for the 2023 Carrera Cup season. TAG Heuer, who joined as a full-season partner in the championship’s inaugural season in 2021, increases its support of the Porsche Motorsport Pyramid race series by celebrating the top-three in each class with a timepiece recognizing the achievement as well as the top pole winner in each class. In addition to the annual Porsche Night of Champions in Stuttgart, Germany, each class title-winner will earn a trip to the Porsche Ice Force Pro Experience in Canada.
The Al Holbert Cup.
The Al Holbert Cup was created in recognition of Holbert’s commitment, inspiration and leadership in the formation and organization of Porsche motorsports in North America. The silver cup carrying his name is crafted as a timeless and traditional trophy to commemorate each Pro class champion of the Porsche Carrera Cup North America starting with last year’s inaugural champion, Seb Priaulx. The Al Holbert Cup is engraved each year with the champion’s name and year of the championship. The original cup is on display at PMNA headquarters in Carson, California. A replica trophy is presented to the champion as their tangible reminder of their milestone season. This award recognizes the true racing spirit of Al Holbert conveying his professional driver’s skill, engineer’s precision and a gentleman racer’s passion. A true link between the past, present and future of Porsche.
Class Driver Awards. *
• Al Holbert Cup to the overall, Pro class champion. Pro-Am and Am classes receive only a class championship trophy.
• 2023 Porsche Carrera Cup North America Presented by the Cayman Islands season entry.
• Trip to the Porsche Night of Champions in Stuttgart, Germany to celebrate Porsche motorsport champions from around the world. Including tours of the Porsche factory tour, Porsche Museum and Motorsport headquarters at Weissach.
• Four-night Cayman Islands stay at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa.
• TAG Heuer watch presented to the top-three finishers.
• Porsche Ice Force Pro Experience in Canada including travel and accommodations.
Junior Championship Awards.
The driver entered in the Junior Championship (26-years or younger racing in the Pro class) who earns this title will earn the opportunity to compete in the Porsche Junior Global Shootout.
• All flights and accommodations will be included as this driver competes against champions from around the world.
• Trip to the Porsche Night of Champions in Stuttgart, Germany.
• $40,000 USD financial support provided for a test day prior to the Porsche Junior Global Shootout to gain experience in a non-ABS Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car as will be run at the Shootout. Porsche Driver Jaxon Evans will provide expertise coaching during the test.
Michelin Race Wins Award.
Presented to the driver, regardless of class, who has scored the most victories across the entire season.
• Michelin Guide Champion Experience including attendance for two to a 2023 Michelin Star Reveal Gala event in North America. Includes airfare, hotel and dinner at a Michelin Star restaurant.
Team Championship Awards.
• The organization that wins the season-long Team Championship will receive a three-night Cayman Islands stay at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa.
• Team champions in each class will receive three sets of Michelin passenger car or light truck tires.
The driver accumulating the most pole positions in each class over the course of the season will earn a TAG Heuer watch.
Volker Holzmeyer, CEO and President, Porsche Motorsport North America.
“The Porsche Carrera Cup North America exists to provide opportunity. The awards package we have put together through our partners provides not only the memorable experiences and physical reminders of their championship season, but also the tools to take their careers to the next level. For the first time we will provide each of our champions an entry for the 2023 season as well as a trip to the Porsche Ice Force Pro Experience in Canada. The top-three in each class will earn a TAG Heuer watch. These are special recognition of the accomplishment from our partners. We are especially proud of our award for the Junior Champion. They will be given additional tools to maximize their performance in the Global Shootout. The awards are designed not only to celebrate performance but increase future success in the Porsche Motorsport Pyramid which now reaches to the highest levels with the Porsche 963.”
* This is a summary of awards as outlined and provided to entrants by Porsche Motorsport North America. More details are available to official entrants by contacting PMNA.
About the Cayman Islands.
The Cayman Islands, located an hour south of Miami in the vibrant tranquility of western Caribbean, is a premier destination for travelers, thrill-seeking divers, adventurous epicures, honeymooners and families alike. The trio of islands affords each guest with the ultimate setting to enjoy life’s finest comforts, as the Caribbean’s leading luxury lifestyle destination. Five-star resorts, high-end villas, condos and breathtaking beachfront properties unique to each island offer a myriad of accommodation options for discerning travelers to enjoy. Additionally, the Cayman Islands is frequently heralded as the “Culinary Capital of the Caribbean” and offers endless gastronomic experiences to delight even the most seasoned of palates.
The Cayman Islands, world-renowned for impeccable “Caymankind” hospitality also employs best-in-class health and sanitation protocols to keep visitors and locals safe. To learn more about the Cayman Islands, please go to www.visitcaymanislands.com; www.divecayman.ky or call your local travel agent. For the most up-to-date travel guidance and protocols, please visit: https://www.exploregov.ky/coronavirus.
Porsche Carrera Cup North America Presented by The Cayman Islands.
Porsche Carrera Cup North America by The Cayman Islands is the premier one-make race series in the United States and Canada utilizing a combination of the latest Porsche 911 GT3 Cup race car, type 992, and MICHELIN® Pilot® Sport Cup N3 racing slick to challenge the best road and street race courses on the continent. The second season of the championship is scheduled to host 16-rounds at eight venues. Each 40-minute race counts toward a season-long driver and team championship in each of three classes: Pro, Pro-Am and Am.
More on Porsche Carrera Cup North America by The Cayman Islands can be found at www.PorscheCarreraCup.us.
Motorsports Public Relations
Office. 615-778-1614 | Mobile. email@example.com
Public Relations Department
Manager, Product Communications
Porsche Cars North America Media Site.
Porsche Cars North America Motorsports Site.
Porsche North America Race Team Portal.
Porsche Motorsports Media Information.
Current news, images and notes relating to Porsche can be found on our press kit. Please contact Andrew Lennon or Tom Moore for the latest Porsche Motorsports media kit.
Established in 1984, Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA) is the exclusive U.S. importer of the Porsche 911, 718 Boxster, 718 Cayman, Macan, Cayenne, Panamera and Taycan. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since 1998, PCNA is also home to the first Porsche Experience Center in North America featuring a module-based 1.6 mile driver development track, business center, and fine dining restaurant, 356.
The company operates a second Porsche Experience Center near Los Angeles. That 53-acre complex features a driver development track with eight educational modules totaling 4.1 miles, a business center, and Restaurant 917. PCNA supports 195 independently owned and operated Porsche dealerships in the U.S., including supplying parts, service, marketing, and training. They, in turn, work to provide Porsche customers with a best-in-class experience that is in keeping with the Porsche brand's 70-year history of leadership in the advancement of vehicle performance, safety, and efficiency. PCNA is an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Porsche AG, which is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
At the core of this success is Porsche's proud racing heritage that boasts some 30,000-plus motorsport wins to date.
Follow us: twitter.com/porsche | facebook.com/porsche instagram.com/porsche | facebook.com/PECAtlanta | instagram.com/pecatl | facebook.com/pecla | instagram.com/pecla
Photos and video footage are available to accredited journalists on the Porsche Press Database at press.porsche.com
English (Porsche Cars North America)
- Season 2022
- Porsche Carrera Cup North America
- USA \ Braselton
- 911 GT3 Cup - Type 992
Porsche Carrera Cup North America announces 2022 champions awards